Status: Full-Time, mix of in-person and virtual
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Pay: $50,000 annually
FLSA: Full-Time Exempt
Start Date: As early as August 23, 2021
Summary: The Executive Assistant is a full time position that will provide high level administrative support to the Lead Pastor and the church. The Executive Assistant is expected to maintain complete confidentiality and serve as a caring assistant to interface with both the congregation, SSUMC guests, and the Lead Pastor. This position requires a cheerful, pleasant, and caring Christ-like spirit. A good sense of humor and the ability to effectively work with a diversity of people is also essential.
- Support for the Lead Pastor
- Manage the Lead Pastor’s calendar, functioning as the primary contact person for meeting and other schedule commitments.
- Manage all forms of correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, and regular mail.
- Plan and organize meetings at SSUMC or offsite, including travel arrangements as needed
- Setup and maintain electronic filing systems as needed to ensure easy access to important information
- Assist with the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending of budget for the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate support for the Lead Pastor to ensure effectively planned and implemented worship services.
- Edit the worship framework for virtual worship and the print worship bulletin for in-person services
- Coordinate collection of materials for annual Charge Conference (fall) and Statistical Reports (spring)
- Communication Support for Congregational Ministries
- Create mass communications (email, text, phone) to keep the SSUMC membership informed
- Develop and implement innovative ways to update and inform our membership of SSUMC events, meetings, services, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining SSUMC website by updating content to include media, calendar of events, and major events/activities on the homepage.
- Maintain and update a digital repository for all photos of SSUMC worship and special events. Use these photos to ensure consistent updating and rotation of the SSUMC bulletin boards, social media, and website
- Office Support
- Screen and route all incoming calls, and receive visitors to church office, responding to needs as appropriate.
- Coordinate with staff weekly to maintain the membership database with responsibility for its accuracy, completeness, and robustness.
- Responsible for writing, design, and/or editing of church content, correspondence, and marketing collateral
- Maintain an adequate supply of office resources available for staff and lay leaders
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Dir. of Operations
- Serve as on-site point of contact for vendors and contractors.
- Weekly deposit funds into the bank account and submit record sheets Dir. of Operations and finance contact.
- Assist with the planning of church events from conception to implementation working closely with church staff
- Develop and maintain the church calendar in coordination with persons both internal and external to SSUMC
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires advanced skills with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Publisher, as well as Google Workspace applications. Requires familiarity with social media and other communications platforms.
Interested in joining our team? Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.