Every summer, our church comes together to help students start the school year off ready for success. You can be a part of their success by donating school supplies so that every child begins school feeling good about themselves. With inflation, gas prices, and food prices, families are more in need of help this year than ever before. School supplies needed are: backpacks, 3 inch binders, 2 inch binders, dividers, wide ruled notebook paper, single subject spiral notebooks, composition books, pens, pencils, pencil cases, colored pencils, highlighters, markers, crayons, erasers, highlighters, folders, glue sticks, book covers and headphones. Any donations are appreciated. Drop off the items in the large box located in the Narthex beginning on Sunday. Don’t have time to shop? No problem. You can make a donation online to the SSUMC Special Outreach and school supplies will be purchased. Thank you in advance for supporting children in need. Questions?Contact Ms. Marie at email@example.com
Have you ever wondered about how worship planning happens at SSUMC? Interested in learning more about how you can participate in supporting ministries like our Altar Guild, Scripture Readers, and more? Curious about lending your creativity as we think about our worship series? Join Pastor Will and Mary Ann Willow for an interest meeting for our newly forming Worship Ministries Team on Sunday, August 28th at 12:45PM in the Parlor. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish the Tracy family all the best!
We’ll see you this Sunday at the #PrideInThePlaza festival! Stop by our booth and say hello. Get free tickets and learn more at PrideInThePlaza.com @DoItForMC
Thursday, June 2, 2022 1pm-3pm. Fresh produce!
ALL ARE WELCOME!
From the Pastor’s Desk
As COVID cases continue to climb once again in our community, I’d like to remind us of the role that we can each play keeping one another safe. We are a congregation that cares deeply about the vulnerable, and how we approach COVID is an expression of that core value. So with that in mind, please remember…
- Masks are required during worship and other indoor activities at the church. Our worship leaders will wear masks unless they are in the pulpit or lectern where we have plexiglass screens. Our ushers will have masks if you don’t happen to have one.
- Please observe physical distancing of 6′ or more between family units in the sanctuary.
- Please respect the wishes of others regarding their physical space. Some people are wary of hugs and handshakes during this time, or even elbow-bumps. (Some folks weren’t necessarily huggers to begin with!)
- Make sure you wash hands and/or use sanitizer often.
- If you feel sick or test positive, please worship with us in our virtual service. Observe the CDC guidelines for COVID quarantine and isolation.
I truly appreciate the care that this congregation has shown over the last 2+ years of dealing with COVID. Let us continue to live out our value of care for each other during this season and beyond!
Grace and Peace,
Learn about staff changes ahead for SSUMC!
Support our Children and Family Ministries programs by making a donation of $5 (OR more) in honor of, or in memory of, a loved one for Father’s Day. All names will be printed in the Father’s Day bulletin on Sunday, June 19, 2022. Forms can be turned in at the table after the 11:00 a.m. service on Sunday, June 12. You can also fill out the form online or send a check in the mail. To fill out the form online,